Of the many lines of clay available in the Sculpey range, the flexibility of Liquid Sculpey makes it a standout. Incredibly versatile and bakeable, Liquid Sculpey can be used for grout in mosaics, window clings, in bakeable silicone molds then used in jewellery and home decor projects or embellishment for other clay projects.
What Is Liquid Polymer Clay?
Liquid Sculpey is just what its name implies — Sculpey clay in liquid form, often sold in squeeze bottles. This liquid makes an excellent bakeable polymer clay glue to enhance the bond between pieces of clay. While Liquid Sculpey bakes in entirely the same way as regular polymer clay, it behaves differently from its solid counterpart. When cured with heat, Liquid Sculpey mimics its solid counterpart and forms a flexible yet solid mass.
What Is Liquid Sculpey Used For?
Liquid Sculpey has a variety of uses which makes it an ideal crafting medium!
– To soften crumbly clay.
– To seal your beads.
– With pigments to make a faux ceramic and other unique faux effects.
– To make patterned sheets to put into bezels.
– As a bakeable glue to enhance the bond between clay pieces.
– As a drizzle for polymer clay food miniatures.
– As a fixative for surface effects.
– As a clearcoat or coating in the place of a varnish.
– To create multi-layered effects — the translucents work great for this!
– Window and mirror clings
– In molds to create jewellery and home decor pieces
– To transfer photos on clay and other objects, glazing polymer clay creations or combining shades of liquid clays
PLEASE NOTE: During warmer months, we recommend Express Post to ensure your order is delivered quickly to reduce the chance of heat damage in transit.